The Diploma registry is a secure solution
For the sender
- Only you can decide who you want to share your results with.
- All transmissions are encrypted.
For the recipient
- The results are collected directly from the educational institutions' databases.
- There are multiple things you can look for to check that the results are coming from the Diploma Registry:
- Emails with links from the Diploma Registry will have firstname.lastname@example.org as the sender.
- The link address (the URL) will start with https://vitnemalsportalen.no...
- After clicking the link, an icon showing a padlock will appear next to the link address.
What does it mean that the PDF of the results is digitally signed?
Shared results can be downloaded as a PDF file. This PDF is digitally signed. This means that if someone tries to change the content of the PDF, the digital signature will immediately be invalid. To check if the signature is valid, we recommend using Adobe Acrobat Reader. A "ribbon" with information about the signature's validity will then appear at the top of the screen. Note that it is only possible to verify the PDF in its original electronic form. If the document is printed, it is no longer possible to verify the signature.
Please read more about digital signature in the Diploma Registry.